Group Critical Illness
This benefit can be given with any of our individual or group plan.
If an insured suffers from one of the insured critical illnesses, and survives more than 28 days (survival period) from the date of diagnosis or Surgery JOFICO will pay the insured the agreed sum insured.
- Life-threatening Cancer
A malignant tumour characterised by the uncontrolled growth and spread of malignant cells and invasion and destruction of tissue. The term cancer includes leukaemia and Hodgkin´s disease.
The following tumours are excluded:
- All tumours that are histologically described as pre-malignant, as non-invasive or as cancer in situ (including CIN-1, CIN-2, CIN-3).
- Any malignant tumour in the presence of Human Immunodeficiency Virus
- Any skin cancer other than malignant melanoma starting with Clark Level III
- Prostate cancer described in TNM classification as T1
- Papillary micro-carcinoma of thyroid or bladder
- Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia less than Rai stage 3
Any cerebrovascular incident producing neurological sequelae lasting more than 24 hours and including infarction of brain tissue, haemorrhage and embolization from an extra cranial source. The diagnosis must be supported by new changes on CT or MRI. Unequivocal evidence of persisting neurological deficit for at least 3 months has to be produced, confirmed by a consultant neurologist.
Excluded are transient ischaemic attacks, cerebral symptoms due to migraine and cerebral injury resulting from trauma or hypoxia.
Heart Attack (Myocardial Infarction)
The death of a portion of the heart muscle as a result of inadequate blood supply to the relevant area. The diagnosis will be evidenced by at least three of the following four criteria:
- A history of typical clinical symptoms (e.g. chest discomfort, radiation to the arms, shortness of breath, diaphoresis, nausea)
- Confirmatory new characteristic ECG changes
- Diagnostic elevation of cardiac enzyme CK-MB or troponin
- Left ventricular ejection fraction less than 45% measured 3 months or more after the event
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft
The actual undergoing of surgery requiring median sternotomy on the advice of a Consultant Cardiologist to correct narrowing or blockage of one or more coronary arteries by coronary artery bypass graft. The surgery must be proven to be necessary by means of coronary angiography. Angioplasty, other intra-arterial or laser procedures are excluded.
Mayor Organ Transplant
The undergoing of a transplant into the insured from another human being, any of the following organs: bone marrow, heart, lung or lungs, kidneys, liver, or pancreas.
The transplant of all other organs, parts of organs or any other tissue or cells is excluded.
- Renal Failure
End-stage renal failure presenting chronic irreversible failure of both kidneys to function, as a result of which either regular renal dialysis (haemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis) is initiated or renal transplant is carried out.
This benefit exclusions
- Drug abuse (incl. alcohol)
- Failure to follow medical advise
- Any HIV or AIDS
- Intentional self-inflicted injury, whether the insured to be sane or insane
- Mental disorders.
- Nuclear contamination
- Illnesses or bodily injuries that are sustained as a consequence of any form of war or civil war or as a consequence of wilful participation in acts of violence, including riot, civil commotion, insurrection, terrorism, or usurpation of power or any act identical to such participation.